Summer Events: Fourth of July Edition
Need something to do this summer? We’ve got you covered. Whether upstate or downtown, there are plenty of cool things going on to fuel summer adventures.
New York City
1. Macy’s Fourth of July Fireworks Show: Ever since its debut in 1976, the Macy’s Fourth of July Fireworks display has been a New York summer tradition! This year, the fireworks will be set off along the East River in Midtown.
2. Union Square Weekly Free Events: Union Square is the place to be this summer. Every Thursday from June–August 10, Summer In The Square is bringing the public a series of free events. From fitness classes to live music, there is something for everyone.
3. Grand Bazaar NYC: Hone those haggling and thrifting skills as you peruse through the wares of local artists, designers, and vintage markets. Running every Sunday from now through winter, this weekly market donates 100 percent of its profits to four local schools.
4. Experimental Art Shows: Well-loved multimedia artist Dale Chihuly brings us the latest of his series of larger-than-life sculptures. Chihuly takes over the New York Botanical Garden with more than 20 installations and gigantic set pieces.
5. Free Jazz on the Waterfront: For all the jazz lovers out there: Hudson River Park is bringing you a series of free live jazz performances all along the west side piers. With a lineup featuring the Chuck Braman Jazz Band, George Braith and the Afro-Reggae All-Stars your summer soundtrack will be on point.
1. Pleasantville Music Festival: The 13th annual Pleasantville Music Festival will be rocking out on July 8! Featuring Blues Traveler, Living Colour, Suzanne Vega, and more. The festival features 18 bands playing a full day of music across 3 stages.
2. They Shall Not Perish: The Story of Near East Relief: Pace alumnus Shant Mardirossian and George Billard will be screening their film They Shall Not Perish: The Story of Near East Relief which revisits the events leading up to the tragic Armenian genocide. The screening, held at the Jacob Burns Film Center, will be followed by a Q&A with the filmmakers. The event is free but space is limited.
3. Scarsdale Firework Spectacular: On Thursday, June 29, catch a poolside fireworks show put on by the town of Scarsdale at the Scarsdale Pool Complex. The Westchester Band will kick off the event at 7:30 p.m., followed by the fireworks show at 9:30 p.m..
4. Pops, Patriots, and Fireworks: On July 1, join Ryan Silverman, Amy McCabe, and the Westchester Symphonic Winds for a night of classics from the Great American Songbook. Ending with an early Fourth of July Fireworks spectacular choreographed to Tchaikovsky’s famous 1812 Overture.
5. New Roles, New Clothes: A fascinating fashion exhibit which explores the evolution of women’s fashion as it coincides with women’s role in society. Running from now through September the collection features the historic clothes of Helen Gould, Edith Kingdon Gould, and more.
On deck: Pace Day at Yankee Stadium! Cheer on the Yanks on Tuesday, July 30, with your fellow Setters for what's sure to be a home run of an evening.
On Deck for 2019
Dyson Professor Marcy Kelly, PhD, has enlisted several students to assist with research in better understanding tuberculosis; including Eric Casper ’19, who views the research as a key component of his undergraduate experience.
Research: Understanding Tuberculosis
Pace Athletics will celebrate the 2019 Athletics Hall of Fame inductees on Thursday April 25. On Monday, June 3, get out that five iron and join the alumni and friends golf challenge.
Athletics: Spring 2019 Events