main navigation
my pace

Current Students

back to Current Students

Register to Rock

News Story

Register to rock (the vote!). With Election Day approaching on November 7, Pace is participating in a national non-partisan effort to engage students in voter registration, education, and participation.

Campus voter registration and awareness campaigns are making a significant difference. In 2012, the turnout rate of college-educated 18- to 29-year-olds was 56 percent—double the rate of non-college youth, according to the Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement. That’s why it’s so important for you to register!

If you're interested in voting during November's elections, please consider the information below to learn about how you can get involved in the electoral process.

Students who live in New York State while they are attending Pace University, and who are United States citizens, are eligible to register to vote at their New York State address (on or off campus), and be assigned to a New York State polling site as long as they will have lived at that address a minimum of 30 days prior to an election.

In New York State, individuals who will be 18 years of age before Sunday, December 31 are eligible to preemptively register to vote now. However, only individuals who are 18 years of age on or before Election Day will be eligible to vote.

This means that many Pace students like you are eligible to register to vote at your on- or off- campus address. If you wish to vote in New York State, you can stop by the Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR) to register, ask questions, or request any additional assistance. Contact information is listed below. You may also find details on how to obtain voter forms, whether in person or online, through the New York State Board of Elections’ Voting Information page.

To be eligible to vote in the General Election, registration forms must be postmarked or hand delivered to a Board of Elections no later than Friday, October 13. If mailing your form, it must be received by a Board of Elections no later than Wednesday, October 18.

Students who live out of state or choose to register at their out of state address may register to vote by completing the National Mail Voter Registration Form. For more specific details, contact your state election office. You may also contact the CCAR at the following locations if you have any questions or need any additional assistance with registering out of state:

The Center for Community Action and Research at Dyson College
Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. | One Pace Plaza, Office Y31
You can call the office at (212) 346-1807 or email directly at

The Center for Community Action and Research at Dyson
Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. | College Choate House, Room 51-W
You can call the office at (914) 773-3539 or email directly at