Get Ready For Your Encore!
If you want to remain active and involved and you have the desire to help make the world a better place, the Pace Encore Transition Program is the place to begin.
Pace University’s popular Encore Transition Program, now in its third year, is designed to help you make the most of the second half of life by putting your talent, skills, and experience to work in nonprofit organizations helping them address some of society’s most important needs.
The Encore Transition Program is a compact, hybrid model delivered in three in-person workshops combined with an online component. Insightful articles and informative websites supplement the classes and give you resources that can lead to meaningful jobs, projects, and activities in social purpose organizations.
If you're ready to revitalize your life with purpose, passion, and a paycheck, apply now to the Pace Encore Transition Program at www.pace.edu/encore.
Here’s what the workshops offer:
- >> Networking with likeminded encore seekers as well as with leaders of nonprofit organizations who discuss their staffing and talent needs.
- >> The opportunity to learn from a dynamic life coach how to identify your values, goals, and transferable skills.
- >> Tips on the secrets of successful resume design and a strategy for using social media to market yourself and research job opportunities.
- >> Participation in a discussion about the cultural and practical differences of working in the for-profit versus non-profit sectors.
- >> Introductions to leaders of pathway organizations who recruit encore talent.
- >> Development of a strategy for defining and achieving your goals.
On deck: Pace Day at Yankee Stadium! Cheer on the Yanks on Tuesday, July 30, with your fellow Setters for what's sure to be a home run of an evening.
On Deck for 2019
Dyson Professor Marcy Kelly, PhD, has enlisted several students to assist with research in better understanding tuberculosis; including Eric Casper ’19, who views the research as a key component of his undergraduate experience.
Research: Understanding Tuberculosis
Pace Athletics will celebrate the 2019 Athletics Hall of Fame inductees on Thursday April 25. On Monday, June 3, get out that five iron and join the alumni and friends golf challenge.
Athletics: Spring 2019 Events